Notice of Availability of State and Federal Funds: Not-for-profits
NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF STATE AND FEDERAL FUNDS
I am pleased to offer the following information on the availability of State and Federal Funds to not-for-profit organizations within New York State. Click on the Grant Program that you would like more information on from the list below. As always, if you have any questions or need any assistance, please contact my district office at (516) 766-8383.
- Fiscal Year 2010 Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Nonprofit Security Grant Program
- Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Grant Program application
- PRIVATE NON-PROFIT CORPORATIONS; PUBLIC BODIES - Section 5310 Elderly & Disabled Program
Fiscal Year 2010 Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Nonprofit Security Grant Program
Fiscal Year 2010 Urban Areas Security Initiative (UASI) Nonprofit
Security Grant Program provides funding support for target hardening
activities to nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of terrorist
Applications will be accepted from January 4th, 2010 through
March 16th, 2010 through the Office of Homeland Security’s electronic
grants management system (E-Grants) for programs to support
nonprofit organizations (as described under section 501(c)(3) of the
Internal Revenue Code of 1986 and exempt from tax under section
501(a) of such Code) that are at high risk of international terrorist attack
and are located within one of New York’s five UASI-eligible
urban areas: 1) New York (includes the Cities of New York and
Yonkers and the Counties of Westchester, Nassau and Suffolk); 2)
Buffalo (includes the City of Buffalo and the Counties of Erie and Niagara);
3) Albany (includes the Cities of Albany, Troy and Schenectady
and the Counties of Albany, Rensselaer and Schenectady); 4)
Rochester (includes the City of Rochester and Monroe County); and
5) Syracuse (includes the City of Syracuse and Onondaga County).
The program seeks to integrate nonprofit preparedness activities with
broader state and local preparedness efforts. It is also designed to
promote coordination and collaboration in emergency preparedness
activities among public and private community representatives, State
and local government agencies, and Citizen Corps Councils.
For an application and instructions, contact: Office of Homeland
Security, Attn: Steve Tierney at the above address or call 1-800-837-9133, or e-mail:
The New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) has released the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Section 5310 Grant Program application and workshop schedule for Fiscal Year 2010. This program provides assistance with the purchase of vehicles to meet the transportation needs of elderly individuals and individuals with disabilities.
Through the NYSDOT, funds will be used to cover 80% of the cost of vehicle, with the remaining 20% coming from the applying entity. The following are eligible to apply for the purchase of vehicles under this grant program:
Applications can be downloaded from the NYSDOT website at www.nysdot.gov/public-transportation, and follow the link “Federal Transit Funding Programs”. NYSDOT will be offering a workshop on March 24, 2010 from 10am-12pm at the Dennison Bldg- located at 100 Veterans Memorial Highway in Hauppauge to discuss this program in more detail and assist in any questions that may arise throughout the application process.
Please note that applications are due by May 4, 2010 and must demonstrate proof of eligibility and management capability to operate a transportation service. If you have any questions about this program, please call Tom Locascio in my district office at (516) 766-8383.
(UNDER LIMITED CIRCUMSTANCES)
Section 5310 Elderly & Disabled Program
Grant Applications will be accepted through May 4, 2010, for
vehicles to provide passenger transportation services for elderly
individuals and individuals with disabilities under Section 5310 of
Chapter 53, Title 49, United States Code. Only private non-profit
corporations, or public bodies (under limited circumstances) – public
bodies which can certify that no non-profit corporations or associations
are available in an area to provide transportation services for
elderly individuals and individuals with disabilities or that are approved
to coordinate services to these individuals - are eligible to
apply. It is estimated a total of $8.6 million will be made available for
capital purchases. This grant opportunity requires a 20% local share
For an application, please visit the NYSDOT Section 5310 Program
website at: www.nysdot.gov/public-transportation - follow the link
‘‘Federal Transit Funding Programs’’ to the ‘‘Section 5310 Elderly &
Disabled Program’’ site, or contact: Department of Transportation at
the above address or e-mail: email@example.com, include ‘‘Section
5310 Application Request’’ in your Subject Line, or call: (518) 457-8335.