2012-13 Kindergarten Admissions
Kindergarten Admissions for the 2012-13 school year ends March 2nd, 2012.
New students can register at their zoned school. Please note that families must submit an application for kindergarten admission even if they are applying for their zoned school.
If you do not know your zoned school, please call 311. If no zoned school is listed for your home address, please visit your local Borough Enrollment Office.
Brooklyn Borough Enrollment Offices:
- 29 Fort Greene Place (BE12), Brooklyn, 11217. Serves Districts 13 – 16. (718) 935-2371
- 1665 St. Mark's Avenue, Brooklyn, 11233. Serves Districts 19, 23, 32. (718) 935-2340
When registering, bring your child and:
- the child’s birth certificate or passport;
- immunization records;
- and proof of residence.
Proof of residence can be verified by any of the following:
- A residential utility bill (gas or electric) in the resident’s name issued by National Grid, Con Edison, or Long Island Power Authority, dated within the past 60 days;
- Documentation or letter on letterhead from a federal, state or local government agency, including the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), City Housing Authority, Human Resources Administration (HRA), the Administration for Children’s Services (ACS), or an ACS subcontractor indicating the resident’s name and address; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- An original lease agreement, deed or mortgage statement for the residence;
- A current property tax bill for the residence;
- A water bill for the residence; must be dated within the past 60 days;
- Official payroll documentation from an employer such as a form submitted for tax withholding purposes or payroll receipt; a letter on the employer’s letterhead will not be accepted; must be dated within the past 60 day;
- Child’s latest report card/transcript (if available);
- Child’s Individual Education Program (IEP) and/or 504 Accommodation Plan (if applicable and available)
Important dates to keep in mind:
January 9, 2012 – March 2, 2012 - Kindergarten Admissions Period
March 19, 2012 – March 23, 2012 - Assignment Notification Period
March 26, 2012 – April 20, 2012 - Pre-registration Period