Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is inviting residents to a job resource expo he is sponsoring that will help better prepare them to find a job in the current economy. The expo will be held on Thursday, April 29th from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm at the Freeport Recreation Center, which is located at 130 East Merrick Road in Freeport.
“Many residents are looking for a new job or exploring a change in career because of the current economy. It’s important that residents give themselves the best possible chance to succeed at a time when competition for jobs is extremely high. Learning skills such as writing a resume, interviewing for a job, and finding job training programs will help better prepare residents to get the job they want,” said Senator Fuschillo.
Senator Fuschillo’s job resource expo will help individuals who are looking for jobs learn some of the tools that will help improve their chances of gaining employment. Those who attend the job resource expo will be able to learn about:
* Resume writing and development
* Job Training Programs
* Interviewing skills
Residents will also have the opportunity to speak with career counselors and have their resumes reviewed by employment professionals. Information about different social service assistance programs designed to help individuals who are out of work or facing financial difficulties will also be available.
The following organizations are scheduled to participate in Senator Fuschillo's Job Resource Expo on April 29th:
* Community Development Corporation of LI
* Economic Opportunity Commission of Nassau County
* Farmingdale Small Business Development Center
* Farmingdale State College
* Health Plus
* Hempstead Works-Town of Hempstead Department of Occupational Resources (Nassau County residents)
* Long Island Cares
* Nassau Community College
* Nassau County Bar Association
* Nassau County Civil Service Commission
* Nassau-Suffolk Law Services
* New York State Comptroller's Office
* New York State Consumer Protection Board
* New York State Department of Labor
* Opportunities Industrialization Center of Suffolk
* Suffolk County Department of Civil Service
* Suffolk County Department of Labor (Suffolk County residents)
* Suffolk County Community College
* The Workforce Partnership (Town of Oyster Bay residents)
* US Small Business Administration
Driving Directions: Meadowbrook Parkway to Exit M9 West (Merrick Road). Continue on Merrick Road and at the 4th traffic light make a left into the Freeport Recreation Center.