JOINT BUDGET HEARING ON WORKFORCE ISSUES
Date: Wednesday, February 10
Time: 9:30 a.m.
Location: Assembly Hearing Room B
Legislative Office Building
This hearing will air live on the the Senate's website at http://www.livestream.com/nysenate_joint_budget
The Assembly Ways and Means Committee will join the Senate Finance Committee to conduct a hearing to examine the impact of the 2010-11 Executive Budget proposal on workforce issues in New York State.
This hearing will provide the Senate and Assembly with public input regarding the executive budget proposal as it pertains to workforce issues in New York State.
Expected to provide testimony are:
· NYS Office of Civil Service Commissioner Nancy Groenwegen;
· NYS Governor’s Office of Employee Relations Director Gary Johnson;
· CSEA Director of Legislative & Political Action Fran Turner;
· Public Employees Federation President Kenneth Brynien;
· Organization of NYS Management & Confidential Employees President Barbara Zaron;
· Retired Public Employees Association President Stan Winter;
· Retired Public Employees Association Legislative Representative Tony Cantore;
· NYS Worker’s Compensation Board Chairman Robert Beloten;
· Center For Economic Growth President Michael Tucker;
· Women’s Employment & Resource Center Executive Director Eleanor Moran;
· Direct Support Profession Alliance of NYS Co-President Joseph Macbeth; and
· Hunger Action Network Upstate Director Andreas Kriefall.