Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) will be holding a Job Resource Expo to help individuals looking for jobs better prepare themselves to find employment. The event will be held on Friday, March 16th from 10 am to 12 pm at the Freeport Recreation Center, which is located at 130 East Merrick Road in Freeport.
“Competition in the job market is extremely high in the current economy, which is why residents need to give themselves the best chance to succeed. There are numerous job training, educational, and social service programs that are available to help individuals find employment. This event will allow residents to speak directly with representatives from these programs, have their resumes reviewed, and learn the tools to land the job they want,” said Senator Fuschillo.
Senator Fuschillo’s job resource expo will help job seekers learn tools that will help improve their chances of gaining employment. Those in attendance can have their resumes reviewed, learn interviewing skills & job searching tips, and speak with career counselors.
Participants can also learn about:
* Job training programs
* Upcoming civil service exams
* Higher Education
* Social service assistance programs
* Vocational & Educational Services for individuals with disabilities
* Starting a small business
Residents who would like more information about Senator Fuschillo's Job Resource Expo can call Senator Fuschillo's office at 516-882-0630.
Participating Exhibitors (list will be updated as new exhibitors are added):
* ACCESS-VR (formerly VESID)
* Community Development Corporation of Long Island
* Economic Opportunity Commission of Nassau County
* Education & Assistance Corporation
* Farmingdale State College- Long Island Educational Opportunity Center
* Hofstra University Continuing Education
* Island Drafting & Technical Institutue
* Long Island Cares
* Nassau Community College
* Nassau County Civil Service Commission
* Nassau-Suffolk Law Services
* New York City Department of Citywide Administrative Services
* New York State Commission for the Blind and Visually Handicapped
* New York State Comptroller's Office- Unclaimed Funds
* New York State Department of Labor
* Opportunities Industrialization Center of Suffolk, Inc.
* Small Business Development Center at Farmingdale State College
* Suffolk County Community College
* Suffolk County Department of Civil Service
* Suffolk County One Stop Employment Center
* The Workforce Partnership-Town of Oyster Bay
* Town of Hempstead Department of Occupational Resources
* Town of Hempstead Department of Civil Service
* United States Small Business Administration