February 4, 2013
GERRITSEN BEACH FIRE DEPARTMENT
43 Seba Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11229
HOSTED BY • Senator Martin Golden • Gerritsen Beach Fire
Department • Mayor’s Housing Recovery Office • Mayor’s
Community Affairs Unit
LEARN THE BASICS OF MOLD
- Learn where and why mold grows.
- Understand the health effects of mold exposure.
- Gain an overview of the proper sequence and methods of: muck out, demolition, and cleaning/decontamination.
- The following techniques will be briefly addressed: scraping mold growths, wet methods, use of polyethylene sheeting, negative air units, application of backpack HEPA vacs, and dehumidifiers.
- Understand hazards associated with mold remediation (chemical, biological, physical safety).
- Who can remove mold: homeowners, volunteers, or mold remediation companies?