Senate Task Force on Heroin & Opioid Addiction Staten Island Forum
1466 Manor Rd.
Staten Island , NY
The Senate Joint Task Force on Heroin and Opioid Addiction will be holding the 11th of 12 statewide forums on May 2, 2014, from 1 p.m. - 4 p.m. in the Auditorium/Social Hall of the Joan and Alan Bernikow building located at 1466 Manor Road Staten Island, NY.
The forums will solicit input on the rise in the use of heroin and opioids and develop legislative recommendations for treating and preventing addiction and its consequences.
Senators Andrew Lanza and Diane Savino will lead the forum. They will be joined by Task force Chairman Senator Phil Boyle (R-C-I, Suffolk County), Chairman of the Senate Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse, task force members, experts in the fields of education, law enforcement, mental health and substance abuse, municipal officials, and individuals directly affected by opioid abuse.
People expected to speak at the forum include:
•• Senator Phil Boyle, Chairman, Senate Joint Task Force on Heroin and Opioid Addiction
• Senator Andrew J. Lanza, Member, Senate Joint Task Force on Heroin and Opioid Addiction
• Senator Diane Savino, Member, Senate Joint Task Force on Heroin and Opioid Addiction
• Assemblyman Michael Cusick
• Karen Varriale, Deputy Chief of the Supreme Court Bureau, Richmond County District Attorney’s Office
• Jessica Jenkins, Community Superintendent, District 31, NYC Department of Education
• James J. Hunt, Acting Special Agent in Charge, NY Division DEA
• Anthony C. Ferreri, President and Chief Executive Officer, Staten Island University Hospital
• Daniel J. Messina, Ph.D., President & CEO Richmond University Medical Center
• Luke Nasta, Executive Director, Camelot
• Jacqueline Fiore, Executive Director, YMCA Counseling Services
• Adrienne Abbate MPA, Director, Tackling Youth Substance Abuse Initiative, SI Partnership for Community Wellness
• Hillary Kunins, Acting Executive Deputy Commissioner, New York City Department of Health
• Edward Delatorre, NYPD Borough Commander for Staten Island?
• Brian Hunt, Father of deceased Adam Hunt
• Candace & Barry Crupi, Parents of deceased Jonathon Crupi
• Boris Natzen, Owner, Nate's Pharmacy
• Youth in Recovery (TBD)
Written testimony can be submitted in advance to email@example.com.
Please see attached flyer additional information and distribution.