Senator Farley Announces Flood Helpline Available
State Senator Hugh T. Farley (R, C, I – Schenectady) announces the State Flood Helpine has been activated.
“I wanted to let you know that Governor Cuomo activated the NYS Flood Helpline to aid residents affected by widespread flooding across areas of New York State,” said Senator Farley, who represents portions of Herkimer, Saratoga and Schenectady Counties as well as all of Fulton and Hamilton counties.
The NYS Flood Helpline is (888) 769-7243. New Yorkers can call the helpline for assistance, including local information for the Red Cross and Salvation Army, health and safety tips, where to go to receive a tetanus shot, and what to do in case of an oil spill or power outage. Life threatening emergencies should be reserved for 911.
“We are still working to obtain federal disaster declaration from the federal government,” Senator Farley said.” If approved, it will result in much needed assistance for our area. Last Friday, I joined with other local state legislators in calling for quick action to seek this declaration. The Governor and our Congressional representatives have also called on the President to recognize the extensive damage and initiate federal assistance to the affected residents and communities.”
The Governor also released the following list of roads that are currently closed.
• Rt 5 between Manheim Road at Bitelman Road, closed in both directions due to a mud slide
• Rt 5 in Town of Little Falls, at Gun Club Road, alternating traffic due to a mud slide
• NY 168 in Mohawk between Columbia St/Rt 28 and Rt 167
• NY 169 in the Town of Herkimer, between Kelly Road and West End Road
• NY 51 between Ilion and Cedarville
• NY 5S East Main Street
• NY 80 in the Town of Stark, between the Otsego County Line and NY 5S
• In Fairfield – Lynch Road
• In Frankfort – Main Street, Avery Street, Southside Road, Widrick Road
• German Flats – Lower End Elizabeth Road, Putts Hill
• Herkimer – South Main at Steele, Folts Road
• Schuyler – SR 5
• Rt 5S – Water over Mucky Rum and Dyke Road
• Shells Bush Road – Mudslide
• Higby Road and Coop Hill Road – Washed Out
• Rt 28 Water over rod at Schader Hill
• Dyke Road
• Rt 51 at Steel Creek
• SR 169 at Middleville
• Brockway at Higby
• Fords Bush and Fire Hill
• NY 365A in the City of Oneida, between Genesee St/ NY 5 and NY 365.
• Abbott St in the Town of Fort Plain, is open and closed at various time due to road work
• NY 80 in the Town of Fort Plain, between Abbott St and Pumpkin Hook Rd (Otsego County)
• NY 5S/NY 80 in the Village of Fort Plain, at Main Street
• NY 5, between NY 10 and NY 334 is closed due to train derailment.
• NY 12B in the Town of Franklin/Deansboro, between Rt 233/Harding Rd and Rt 315.
• Rt 9 closed from Rt 73 to Rt 9N between North Hudson and Elizabethtown.
• Rt 41 (Main Street) is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between South Street and Elm Street in the Village of McGraw
• US Rt 11 is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 41 and Ridge Road in the Town of Cortlandville
• Rt 12B (North Main Street) (NB/SB) is closed between Howard Road and Rt 12 due to flooding.
• Rt 12 (North Main Street) is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 12B and Rt 80 (West State Street) in the Town of Sherburne.
DOT is also reporting the following bridge closures: Montgomery Co., NY 80, Town of Minden and the Town of Fort Plain - US 20 to Herkimer-Otsego County Line, closed due to possible undermining of bridge. Herkimer Co., NY 168, Columbia Street/NY 28 to NY 167/Paines Hollow, closed due to possible undermining of bridge and NY 169, Eatonville Road to North Creek Road, closed due to possible undermining of bridge.
“I would also like to remind people of the opportunity to receive electronic alerts regarding weather emergencies, as well as traffic alerts. Please visit www.NYalert.gov and click on “Sign up for NY-Alerts.” You can sign up for specific types of alerts, and also specify the area,” Senator Farley said.