Senator Fuschillo And Student Advisory Panel Meet To Discuss Issues
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (8th Senate District), a member of the Senate’s Education Committee, recently met with his student advisory panel. The meeting was held in Senator Fuschillo’s district office.
Senator Fuschillo’s student advisory panel is a group of high school students that meets with Senator Fuschillo several times a year to discuss issues that affect young people and get a first hand perspective to see the inner workings of state government. Each of the 15 high schools within Senator Fuschillo’s district selected a representative to be on the panel.
The members of Senator Fuschillo’s student advisory panel are:
- Darren Brooks-Amityville High School
- Elisha Rivera- Baldwin High School
- Julie Mintz- Calhoun High School
- Rowan Hardial, Jr.- Copiague High School
- Tess Engel- East Meadow High School
- Sean Feiner- Farmingdale High School
- Michele Water- Freeport High School
- Chip Rosenblum- Kennedy High School
- Joanna Stankiewicz- Lindenhurst High School
- Amanda Laib- Massapequa High School
- Kelly Butterworth- Mepham High School
- Laura Singh- Roosevelt High School
- Peter Mingione- Seaford High School
- Kristie D’Anbrosio- Wantagh High School
- Krystle Hennessy- West Babylon High School
During the meeting, the students shared their thoughts on Senator Fuschillo’s legislation that would require mandatory imprisonment for repeat DWI offenders and drunk drivers with an elevated blood alcohol content. The members also initiated a discussion on current education requirements for high school students.
"This panel helps young adults familiarize themselves with the issues facing our state. It also gives them a place to have their voices heard and offer their input on things that are important to them," said Senator Fuschillo. "I am really excited about working with these students and hearing more of their ideas."