Senator Fuschillo Delivers Hundreds Of Toys To Children In Winthrop Hospital As Part Of His "extend The Holidays" Toy Drive
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (8th Senate District) recently visited the pediatric ward at Winthrop University Hospital to deliver hundreds of toys collected during his annual "Extend the Holidays" toy drive.
"When a child in the hospital receives the gift of a new toy, it can help brighten even the toughest of days," said Senator Fuschillo. "It also gives parents the joy of seeing their child’s face light up during a difficult time. The people that participated in this toy drive should be very proud of themselves, because their thoughtfulness and generosity will bring smiles to the faces of many families."
Senator Fuschillo's "Extend the Holidays" toy drive is a unique tradition that is entering its ninth year. The toys that are collected as part of the program are delivered to children after the holidays, so that they can enjoy a little extra seasonal cheer and take their minds off being in the hospitals.
Numerous local labor unions, elementary schools, and scouting organizations collected toys for the toy drive, including:
- Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Cub Scout Pack #277 (Merrick)
- Cub Scout Pack #577 (North Bellmore)
- East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
- Laborers Local #66
- Laborers Local #1298
- Lockhart Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- McKenna Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Nassau County Sheriff Officers Association
- Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Teamsters Local #282
"Senator Fuschillo continues to amaze parents and hospital staff with the amount of toys collected during his ‘Extend the Holidays’ toy drive. The hundreds of toys he brings each year puts million dollar smiles on the faces of the children and their families," said John Broder, Winthrop Hospital’s Vice President for External Affairs.
TO SEND AN EMAIL TO SENATOR FUSCHILLO, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE REGULAR UPDATES FROM SENATOR FUSCHILLO, PLEASE CLICK HERE.