Senator Parker Hosts The 4th Annual Toy-giveaway
In his continued efforts to spread holiday joy to the children of the 21st Senate District, State Senator Kevin Parker hosted his 4th annual Toy Giveaway Day at his East Flatbush district office. More than 40 families were the beneficiaries of the 350 toys donated by Health Plus, Forest City Ratner, COCOAChiC Beauty, Build-A-Bear, Inc., and Macy’s.
"As elected officials we spend so much of our time on policy and other issues that it is always a welcomed opportunity to take time out to be with the kids," Senator Parker said. "Their genuine warmth and enthusiasm are as much a gift to me as are the toys they receive in return."
The children, aged 2-6, were enrollees of Forever Young Daycare. They received toys and had their picture taken with Santa Claus in the person of Weiman Carey of the New Era Democratic Club.
Churches and community-based organizations in the 21st Senate district were also recipients of gifts. They included:
• Avenue L Merchant Assn
• Citizens for a Better Community
• Community Education Council 17
• Erasmus Neighborhood Federation
• Flatbush YMCA
• Haitian Centers Council, Inc.
• Jamison Gorman Housing Complex
• Madison Square Boys’ and Girls’ club
• Mildred Forde Young Models
• New Era Democratic Club
• New Horizons Productions
• Newkirk Area Neighborhood Association
• Ocean Ave Tenants Association
• R and T Cleaning Service
• Sesame Flyers International
Worldwide Evangelical Church