VICTORIA LANGLING HONORED BY STATE SENATE
Town of Hurley resident Victoria Langling was recently honored by the State Senate as our District's 2009 "Woman of Distinction". Ms. Langling's service includes volunteering for the following organizations:
- Co-Founder of the Daily Bread Soup Kitchen;
- Ulster County Workforce Development Board;
- Ulster Literacy Association;
- UC Food Pantry Consortium;
- Woodstock Film Festival;
- Children's Annex School for children;
- West Hurley Elementary School PTA;
- Family of Woodstock and several others.
"Victoria has touched the lives of thousands of Ulster County residents in a very substantial manner. Feeding the hungry, improving our schools, promoting tourism. She is an amazing person and I am honored to have nominated her for the Woman of Distinction award," Senator Bonacic said.
Ms. Langling was nominated by her daughter for the honor. "To have someone's child nominate them for an award speaks volumes. It shows that passion for caring has been passed onto the next generation of the Langling family," Senator Bonacic said.