Adelaide L. Sanford Institute Fall 2013 Parent Sessions Announced - Sessions are FREE to Registered Participants
The Parent Common Core Awareness Sessions will provide parents and care givers the opportunity to learn about the changes in curriculum content (English Language Arts & Mathematics), classroom instruction and learning opportunities for students in kindergarten – grade 12.
During these sessions participants will learn about:
1. complete analysis of the most recent 2013 test results in English Language Arts and Math;
2. resources for parents on what their children should be learning in English Language Arts and Mathematics in each grade, once the standards are fully implemented;
3. activities that parents can implement at home to support their children’s learning;
4. methods for helping parents build stronger relationships with their school and children’s teacher; and
5. strategies for planning for college and careers.
Attached are the session registration form and flyer ( in English, Spanish & Haitian Creole). Please feel free to share this information. The sessions are free to all registered participants.