DAILY VOICE: MID-HUDSON REGION GETS $60 MILLION IN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT FUNDING
PEEKSKILL, N.Y. — The Regional Economic Development Council granted $59.6 million for Mid-Hudson Region projects, Sen. Greg Ball (R,C, I-Patterson) announced recently.
The Mid-Hudson REDC is continuing a commitment to invest in technology, tourism, infrastructure revitalization and waterfront development, according to officials. The priority project focus in 2013 for the Council included job-creating projects in renewable energy and advanced manufacturing, projects to improve healthcare and wellness in the region, and boosting tourism by taking advantage of its proximity to major markets.
In the first year of the initiative, the Hudson Valley Region received $67 million, the second year they received $92.8 million and this year they received $59.6 million for job-creating projects.
“While we can always do better, I am so proud that our region has done so well over the past three rounds of the Regional Economic Development Councils. I am happy to have personally worked with many of the local projects that have been awarded grants,” said Ball. “There are enormous opportunities within the Hudson Valley to create jobs, but government fundamentally must get the hell out of the way. At the end of the day, while these dollars are important, it is continued teamwork that will create the jobs. Job creators and employers must be allowed to do what they do best, without governmental constraints. I look forward to continuing to work with local partners to move these projects forward and continue to deliver for my district.”
The following projects were awarded funding in the 40th senate district, according to the press release:
- $100,000 for Westchester Community College Foundation Inc: Grow New York for project in Peekskill and Brewster.
- $157,500 for Village of Sleepy Hollow: Rev Sykes Park Improvements.
- $11,386 Friends of Franklin Delano Roosevelt and Donald J. Trump State Parks: Connecting FDR State Park to Yorktown Parks.
- $75,000 City of Peekskill, Village of Brewster: MHREDC Opportunity Area Peekskill Brewster Area Strategic Plans and or Building Reuse Feasibility Studies.
- $150,000 Community Housing Innovations, Inc.: Rehabilitation of 400-404 South Street Peekskill NY. Community Housing Innovations, Inc. (CHI), will use the funds in Urban Initiatives funds to renovate two adjacent residential and commercial mixed-use buildings on South Street in the City of Peekskill’s Waterfront District.
- $100,000 CAREERS for People for Disabilities, Inc.: CAREERS SNAP Opportunities Program.
- $1,000,000 Clear Solution Labs LLC: Establish Contract Manufacturing Business.
- $20,720 Caramoor Center for Music and the Arts Inc.: Supertitle Machine for Bel Canto Opera Program Arts.
- $500,000 Castagna Realty: Castagna Commerce Park. Castagna Commerce Park is a planned mixed use multi-phased development consisting of medical office, retail, senior housing and assisted living facilities.
- $175,000 City of Peekskill: Fleischmanns Pier Reconstruction Design.
- $175,000 Town of Cortlandt: Comprehensive Plan Development. The Town of Cortlandt will complete a Comprehensive Plan that will focus on issues of sustainability and economic development by taking advantage of the Town’s location along the Hudson River.