Hurricane Preparedness Information
With Hurricane Irene expected to severely impact Long Island this weekend, Senator Fuschillo is reminding residents about emergency preparedness information that will help them prepare their families and homes for the storm.
Below are links to information about steps you can take to prepare your family and home in case an emergency arises, such as developing a family communications plan, preparing a “go kit,” and having the right supplies.
In addition, here’s a list of important contact numbers you may wish to print out and keep on hand:
Remember to Dial 911 for any emergency!
To report power outages or downed power lines:
* LIPA Hotline: (800) 490-0075
* Freeport Electric: 516-378-0146 (Village of Freeport residents only)
24-Hour Gas Emergency Service:
* National Grid: (800) 490-0045
First responders (non-emergency):
* Nassau County Police Department (general): 516-573-7000
1st Precinct: 516-573-6100
7th Precinct: 516-573-6700
8th Precinct: 516-573-6800
* Suffolk County Police Department (general): 631-852-6000
1st Precinct: 631-854-8100
* Village of Amityville Police Department: 631-264-0400
* Village of Freeport Police Department: 516-378-0700
* Nassau County Office of Emergency Management: 516-573-0636
* New York State Emergency Management Office: 518-292-2200
* Suffolk County Office of Emergency Management: 631-852-4900
* Red Cross (Nassau County): 516-747-3500
* Red Cross (Suffolk County): 631-924-6700
* Pet Safe Coalition: 516-404-5513
As always, you can also contact my office at 516-882-0630 should you need additional assistance.