Lanza Offers Online Consumer Shopping Tips for Mother's Day Shopping
Mother’s Day is just around the corner and if you’re going to shop online, make sure you’re shopping smart! Senator Lanza is offering consumer shopping tips for online shopping.
“From identity theft to hidden shipping fees, it’s important to think carefully and review all the fine print when you are shopping online,” said Senator Lanza. If you’re considering shopping online, Lanza suggests you review the consumer tips below to ensure that your personal information is safe, and that you’re getting a fair deal.
Make sure that you:
· Keep records. Take an additional moment to print a copy of your purchase order and confirmation number from the website. Companies also may send you important e-mails regarding your purchase. You should retain those e-mails until you have resolved any concerns regarding your online purchase.
· Check shipping and handling fees.
· Compare prices.
· Carefully review warranties.
· Check the company’s refund and shipping policies.
· Use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. Credit card purchases make you less vulnerable to identify theft than debit card purchases.