MEDIA ADVISORY: SENATOR GREG BALL HOSTS “NATURAL DISASTER AND STORM RESPONSE” ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
***Thursday, December 8th at 11 a.m.***
SENATOR GREG BALL HOSTS
“NATURAL DISASTER AND STORM RESPONSE” ROUNDTABLE DISCUSSION
Brewster, N.Y. – (12/05/11) – As the winter season quickly approaches Senator Greg Ball (R, C – Patterson) is hosting a natural disaster and storm response round table to have a collaborative discussion about how we can provide the best storm and natural disaster response service to constituents throughout the Hudson Valley Region.
NYSEG, ConEdison and Central Hudson have all confirmed that they will be in attendance at the round table. In addition to the utility companies, Yorktown Heights Fire Chief Clint Loretta, Yorktown Police Chief Daniel McMahon, Putnam County Sheriff Donald Smith, North Westchester Hospital Director of Facilities Chris Shopinski and a host of other elected officials have all confirmed attendance.
The following topics will be discussed and covered:
• Why do so many of our fellow neighbors lose electrical power in their homes and businesses during a natural disaster like a snow or rain storm?
• What must be done to enable the homes and businesses in our region to retain electrical power during and after a natural disaster or storm?
• How can we improve response times for service to constituents and customers from all government agencies and utility companies?
• What can we learn from the October 30th Nor'easter and Hurricane Irene?
• How can the local municipalities, utility companies, first responders and state officials work better together to ensure all residents are safe, and services are restored in a timely and efficient manner?
Who: Senator Greg Ball
Fire/ Police Chiefs
Other Elected Officials
What: Storm Response Round Table
When: Thursday, December 8th from 11 am to 1 pm
Where: Yorktown Town Hall
363 Underhill Avenue
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
For more information or to speak with Senator Ball, contact Joe Bachmeier (845) 200-9716