SENATOR FUSCHILLO & NEW YORK COALITION FOR TRANSPORTATION SAFETY TO SPONSOR KIDS BIKE SAFETY RODEOS
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) and the New York Coalition for Transportation Safety will be sponsoring two kids bike safety rodeos for families.
The programs will take place on:
• Wednesday, August 14th
11 am- 2 pm
Cedar Creek Park (parking field 3)
3340 Merrick Road, Seaford
(rain date August 15th)
• Tuesday, August 20th
11 am – 2 pm
Park Avenue Elementary School
140 Park Avenue, Amityville
(rain date August 21st)
At both programs, parents will be able to bring their children, along with the children’s bikes and helmets to receive:
• Safety training on a bicycle obstacle course
• Free bike, helmet, brake and tire safety checks
• Information on New York state bicycle & helmet laws
• Instructions on how to use hand signals
• Instructions on sharing the road with cars and pedestrians.
Trained representatives from the New York Coalition for Transportation Safety will provide the safety training and conduct the bicycle obstacle course.
Appointments are required and will be scheduled on a first come, first served basis. Parents can make an appointment by calling Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630.