SENATOR FUSCHILLO REMINDS RESIDENTS ABOUT HIS ANNUAL GOLDEN GATHERING ON OCTOBER 27TH
Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) is reminding residents that his annual Golden Gathering will take place on Thursday, October 27th from 9 am to 12:30 pm at the Freeport Recreation Center, located at 130 East Merrick Road in Freeport. All residents are welcome to attend.
Over 100 exhibitors will be on hand to answer questions about a variety of issues such as health and nutrition, consumer protection, public safety, and insurance. A list of the exhibitors is available by clicking here.
Residents attending Senator Fuschillo’s Golden Gathering will also be able to take advantage of a number of different programs and services, including:
* No out of pocket cost flu & pneumonia vaccines provided by NuHealth (subject to availability, for residents ages 60 and over)
* Free blood pressure, chiropractic, vision, and hearing screenings
* Safely dispose of expired or unwanted medications
* Bring old documents to be shredded through the Consumer Protection Board’s “Shred the Word” program
* Obtain or renew a passport through the Town of Hempstead Town Clerk’s Office (call Senator Fuschillo’s office for information about requirements)
* Sit down one-on-one with a pharmacist to review and learn how your medications interact together (bring a list of the medications, vitamins, and supplements you are taking)
In cooperation with the Towns of Hempstead, Oyster Bay and Babylon, as well as the Village of Massapequa Park, free transportation will be available from ten locations for senior citizens. Information on how to register for free senior citizen transportation is available by clicking here.
Residents who have any other questions about the Golden Gathering should call Senator Fuschillo’s office at 516-882-0630.