SENATOR FUSCHILLO VISITS WINTHROP-UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL TO “EXTEND THE HOLIDAYS” FOR CHILDREN IN HAGEDORN PEDIATRIC INPATIENT CENTER
Photo caption: Senator Fuschillo helps one of Winthrop's child patients pick out a toy from the over 1,500 he delivered to the hospital as part of his annual "Extend the Holidays" toy drive.
New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) today delivered over 1,500 toys collected through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive to help bring cheer to children in Winthrop Hospital’s Hagedorn Pediatric Inpatient Center. Representatives from the Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association, Laborers Local 66, and Laborers Local Number 1298, all of whom participated in the program, joined Senator Fuschillo in delivering the toys to the hospital.
“Extend the Holidays” is an annual toy drive Senator Fuschillo organizes for the benefit of children in Winthrop’s Pediatric Center. The toys collected through the program are delivered after the holiday season, so that children can experience the joys of receiving a holiday gift throughout the year.
“One of the best parts of the holiday season for children is the thrill and anticipation of receiving the gift of a new toy. We want to make sure that children in the hospital, who are going through tough times, can experience those same feelings throughout the year. The many toys that were donated by schools, unions, and local residents will help put smiles on the faces of many children. I thank everyone who participated in this program for once again making it a great success,” said Senator Fuschillo.
The following labor unions, schools, and community organizations helped Senator Fuschillo collect toys for the “Extend the Holidays” program:
- Berner Middle School (Massapequa School District)
- Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fairfield Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
- Girl Scout Troop 909, Bellmore Association of Girl Scouts (Bellmore)
- Laborers Local Number 66
- Laborers Local Number 1298
- Levy-Lakeside Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- McKenna Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Mepham High School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
- Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association
- Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Park Avenue Elementary School (North Bellmore School District)
- Roosevelt High School (Roosevelt School District)
- West Gates Elementary School (Lindenhurst School District)
- William Rall Elementary School (Lindenhurst School District)
"Once again, Senator Fuschillo’s ‘Extend the Holidays’ toy drive produced incredible results through a tremendous outpouring of community support. Each year, this is wonderful post-holiday tradition brings tremendous joy to many children and their families. On behalf of Winthrop’s administration and staff, and the parents of our young patients, we thank Senator Fuschillo for continuing this program,” said John Broder, Vice-President for External Affairs and Development at Winthrop-University Hospital.