*** Updated Flood Information ***
ALBANY, 07/02/13 -- Governor Cuomo today activated the NYS Flood Helpline to aid residents affected by widespread flooding across areas of New York State. New Yorkers can call the helpline for assistance, including important local contact information for the Red Cross and Salvation Army, health and safety tips, where to go to receive a tetanus shot, what to do in case of an oil spill or power outage, mental health assistance, and for other recovery needs as well. Life threatening emergencies should be reserved for 911.
NYS Flood Helpline: 1-888-769-7243
- · Rt 5 between Manheim Road at Bitelman Road, closed in both directions due to a mud slide
· Rt 5 in Town of Little Falls, at Gun Club Road, alternating traffic due to a mud slide
· NY 168 in Mohawk between Columbia St/Rt 28 and Rt 167
· NY 169 in the Town of Herkimer, between Kelly Road and West End Road
· NY 51 between Ilion and Cedarville
· NY 5S East Main Street
· NY 80 in the Town of Stark, between the Otsego County Line and NY 5S
· In Fairfield – Lynch Road
· In Frankfort – Main Street, Avery Street, Southside Road, Widrick Road
· German Flats – Lower End Elizabeth Road, Putts Hill
· Herkimer – South Main at Steele, Folts Road
· Schuyler – SR 5
· Rt 5S – Water over Mucky Rum and Dyke Road
· Shells Bush Road – Mudslide
· Higby Road and Coop Hill Road – Washed Out
· Rt 28 Water over rod at Schader Hill
· Dyke Road
· Rt 51 at Steel Creek
· SR 169 at Middleville
· Brockway at Higby
· Fords Bush and Fire Hill
- · NY 365A in the City of Oneida, between Genesee St/ NY 5 and NY 365.
- · Abbott St in the Town of Fort Plain, is open and closed at various time due to road work
· NY 80 in the Town of Fort Plain, between Abbott St and Pumpkin Hook Rd (Otsego County)
· NY 5S/NY 80 in the Village of Fort Plain, at Main Street
· NY 5, between NY 10 and NY 334 is closed due to train derailment.
- · NY 12B in the Town of Franklin/Deansboro, between Rt 233/Harding Rd and Rt 315.
- · Rt 9 closed from Rt 73 to Rt 9N between North Hudson and Elizabethtown.
- · Rt 41 (Main Street) is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between South Street and Elm Street in the Village of McGraw
· US Rt 11 is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 41 and Ridge Road in the Town of Cortlandville
- · Rt 12B (North Main Street) (NB/SB) is closed between Howard Road and Rt 12 due to flooding.
· Rt 12 (North Main Street) is closed in both directions (NB/SB) between Rt 12B and Rt 80 (West State Street) in the Town of Sherburne.
DOT is also reporting the following bridge closures: Montgomery Co., NY 80, Town of Minden and the Town of Fort Plain - US 20 to Herkimer-Otsego County Line, closed due to possible undermining of bridge. Herkimer Co., NY 168, Columbia Street/NY 28 to NY 167/Paines Hollow, closed due to possible undermining of bridge and NY 169, Eatonville Road to North Creek Road, closed due to possible undermining of bridge.
National Grid is reporting the following electrical customers are without power associated with the flooding in the Mohawk Valley and Northeast Regions:
- · Fort Plain: 248 electric meters are off or pulled from service. The company has turned back on 101 meters, with the remaining 121 reported as condemned or require additional work required. The remaining inspections are being performed where access is available.
· Herkimer: 154 electric meters are off or pulled from service. The company has turned back on 45 meters, with the remaining 109 reported as condemned or require additional work required.
· Utica, Rome, Oneida: 434 electric meters are off or pulled from service. The company has turned back on 50 meters, with the remaining 384 reported as condemned or require additional work required.
Number of customers without gas service associated with the flooding in the Mohawk Valley and Northeast Regions:
- · Fort Plain: 187
· Herkimer: 117
· Mohawk: 179
· Ilion: 66
· Utica/Rome/Oneida: 369
To contact your utility company:
- · Central Hudson: 1-845-452-2700 or 800-527-2714 or go to www.centralhudson.com
· National Grid (Upstate Electricity): 1-800-867-5222
· National Grid (Upstate Gas): 1-800-642-4272
· NYSEG (Electricity): 1-800-572-1131, or go to www.nyseg.com
· NYSEG (Gas): 1-800-572-1121
· RG&E (Electricity): 1-800-743-1701, or go to www.rge.com
· RG&E (Gas): 1-800-743-1702
Utilities can provide customers with storm and safety information or customers can call the Department’s Call Center for information. The PSC Help Line can be reached by calling 1-800-342-3377.
Red Cross Help Line: 1-315-705-5293
Three shelters are currently open for displaced residents, or anyone in need of meals, water, and clean-up kits, among other tools for those affected by flooding.
- · Oneida Family YMCA at 701 Seneca St., Oneida
· First United Methodist Church, 127 N. Prospect St., Herkimer
· Jorgensen Center at Mohawk Valley Community College, 1101 Sherman Drive, Utica
In addition, the Salvation Army has mobilized in Herkimer County to distribute emergency supplies and meals, along with hundreds of clean-up kits.