Visiting Nurse Service of NY Offering Free Disaster Distress Programs on Staten Island
Are you still feeling the impact of Superstorm Sandy?
Over the past few months, have you or someone you care about experienced any of the following?
- Changes in or difficulty sleeping
- Change in appetite
- Feeling easily agitated
- Worrying more than usual
- Loss of interest in social activities
- Feeling down
If you answered “yes” to any of the above, VNSNY’s Disaster Distress Response Program is here to help.
Experiencing strong reactions in the aftermath of distressing events, such as Hurricane Sandy are common. Everyone experiences different reactions. Some may feel intense emotions that can last long after the danger has passed, impacting your recovery process and your overall quality of life.
VNSNY is committed to helping those impacted by Superstorm Sandy through its Disaster Distress Response Program.
- Emotional support and counseling services are available free of charge.
- The program is flexible to meet your needs and is offered in several settings: Individual or group sessions, In the home or in the community.
- Program staff are trained in Cognitive Behavior Therapy-Post Disaster Distress (CBT-PD) by leading experts from the National Center for PTSD.
- This program was successfully used after 9/11, Hurricane Katrina and Hurricane Ike.
- We offer additional services if further assistance is needed to alleviate your stress.
This free program will be available through August 2014 in Staten Island, Brooklyn, Queens and Nassau County.
The Disaster Distress Response Program is funded through a grant by the American Red Cross. Call Now! We are here and ready to help you recover with free support services and counseling.
To get started with services, to make a referral or for more information, call 1-718-888-6955
See attached flyer.