If you have a home heating oil (HHO) tank and it has leaked into your basement and/or has been damaged by the storm, please contact the NYSDEC at 718‐482‐7376. If you would like NYSDEC to pump out your basement or damaged tank, there will be NO CHARGE for this service.
When you call please have the following information ready:
1. Your address and the best pho
2. Location and size of heating oil tank.
3. Status of tank (full, partially full, empty).
4. Estimated amount of oil released into basement.
5. Approximate depth of oil/water in your basement.
6. Is your basement accessible from outside?
7. Do you want/need to be present when we pump out the basement?
They may not be able to give you an exact time/date for this service, due to the amount of homes affected.
Please Note This is for Residential Properties
At this time, we are only pumping out oil/water mixtures or contaminated oil out of home oil heating tanks in residential properties.
Contact: NYSDEC at 718‐482‐7376
9:00AM – 5:00PM Seven Days A Week