Photo caption: Senator Fuschillo helps Michael and James Langan pick out toys that were donated to Winthrop Hospital through his “Extend the Holidays” Toy Drive.
New York State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) today helped put smiles on the faces of Winthrop Hospital’s child patients by delivering over 1,500 toys collected through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive. Representatives from the Nassau County Sheriff Correction Officer’s Benevolent Association, Laborers Local 66, and Local 1298, along with members of Mepham High School’s Student Council, all of whom participated in the program, joined Senator Fuschillo in delivering the toys to the hospital.
“Extend the Holidays” is an annual toy drive Senator Fuschillo organizes for the benefit of children in Winthrop’s Hagedorn Pediatric Inpatient Center. The toys collected through the program are delivered after the holiday season so that children can experience the joys of receiving a holiday gift throughout the year.
“Nothing lifts a child’s spirit like the gift of a new toy. Through the tremendous generosity of the schools, labor unions, and local residents who participated in this program, we will be able to put smiles on the faces of hundreds of children all throughout the new year. I thank everyone who participated in this year’s ‘Extend the Holidays’ for helping to bring a little extra cheer to Winthrop’s child patients,” said Senator Fuschillo.
The following labor unions and schools helped Senator Fuschillo collect toys for the “Extend the Holidays” toy drive:
· Berner Middle School (Massapequa School District)
· Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
· Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
· East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
· Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
· Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
· Laborers Local 66
· Laborers Local 1298
· Levy-Lakeside Elementary School (Merrick School District)
· Mepham High School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
· Merrick Avenue Middle School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
· Nassau County Sheriff Correction Officer’s Benevolent Association
· Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
“We are most grateful to Senator Fuschillo and all of the members of the local community who participated in this year’s toy drive,” said John F. Collins, President & CEO of Winthrop-University Hospital. “Despite trying economic times, the overwhelming support that they’ve exhibited will help lift the spirits and bring joy to pediatric patients throughout the coming year.”