(Albany, NY)-The New York State Senate on Monday will announce the formation of an economic development task force made up of 29 business and community leaders from across the state charged with developing a new incentivization program that will better attract companies to New York State and encourage businesses to generate jobs.
The current Empire Zone program has failed to protect taxpayers’ investments and allowed some companies to collect benefits without creating jobs, undermining other program participants and the potential for much-needed economic growth.
Senate Democrats will work with business leaders to stem the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs that has occurred under the ineffective existing program, which was allowed to continue without the necessary improvements by the former Majority.
· Senate Majority Leader Malcolm A. Smith
· Senators Bill Stachowski, Darrel Aubertine, David Valesky, Neil Breslin, Antoine Thompson and other members of the Majority conference
· Business Council of New York
· Partnership for New York City
· Greater Syracuse Chamber of Commerce
· New York Economic Development Council
· Metropolitan Development Association (MDA)
· Unshackle Upstate
· Mohawk Valley EDGE
· Other business and economic development leaders
Capitol, Majority Conference Room, # 332
Monday, May 11TH, 2009 @ 12 PM
**Press conference will be streamed live on the Senate’s Mogulus homepage: http://www.mogulus.com/nysenate