DNAinfo.com wrote an article about a Queensboro Bridge off-ramp, which has been called a "death trap," following several auto collisions that have resulted in lawsuits and fatalities.
The dangerous Queensboro Bridge off-ramp at Queens Plaza South near Crescent Street has long been called a “death trap,” and after yet another accident there this month, state senator Michael Gianaris (D-12) wants more to be done to ensure New Yorkers safety.
The latest traffic accident occurred on May 1 - the fourth in a series of wrecks within a little more than a year.
The Queens Gazette reports that Kaufman Astoria Studio's plans to construct a new outdoor movie studio lot in Astoria have been approved, making New York City an attractive destination for film and television clients.
The Times Ledger wrote an article about the recent car accidents that have occured on a particular Queensborough Bridge off-ramp, which has prompted Senator Gianaris to appeal to the city Department of Transportation for increased safety measures.
State Sen. Michael Gianaris (D-Astoria) said he is asking the city Department of Transportation to do another comprehensive review of the Ed Koch-Queensborough Bridge off-ramps after a fourth car accident took place near the bridge last week.
“I think the DOT has not done enough to fix the traffic pattern there,” Gianaris said.
Gianaris said while some of the drivers were allegedly speeding, the DOT must still ensure the ramps are as safe as possible.