SENATOR PATRICK GALLIVAN TO OFFER FREE ELECTRONICS RECYCLING EVENT IN EAST AURORA
ERIE COUNTY - Senator Patrick M. Gallivan (R-C-I, Elma) is joining with Sunnking Electronics Recycling, Time Warner Cable and the East Aurora Rotary to host a free electronics recycling event Saturday, January 11th, at the Nativity Lutheran Church, 970 E. Main Street in East Aurora from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
“We all use electronics on a daily basis, and as technology progresses, we are replacing electronics more and more often. Many people do not realize that cell phones, laptops and other electronic items contain materials that can be hazardous to the environment,” said Senator Gallivan. “This e-waste recycling event provides a perfect opportunity for people to quickly and conveniently drop off their used and out-dated electronics to be properly recycled and disposed of.”
Residents can stop by the Nativity Lutheran Church, located at 970 E. Main Street in East Aurora, any time between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturday, January 11th to drop off their old electronics to one of many trained volunteers that will be on site.
We will be accepting:
- Computers (Desktops & Laptops);
- Industrial Controls;
- Printers (Ink or Toner);
- Ink/Toner Cartridges;
- Computer Accessories (Mice, Keyboards, Webcams, Speakers, Microphones etc.);
- Computer Monitors (CRT, LCD, LED);
- Televisions (Projection, LCD, LED, Plasma);
- Microwave Ovens (Non PCB);
- Copiers/Fax Machines;
- Cell Phones & Chargers;
- GPS Units;
- Answering Machines;
- MP3 Players;
- Radios/Boomboxes/CD Players etc.;
- Storage Devices (External Hard Drives, Solid State Drives, SD Cards, Memory Cards, Card Readers, etc.);
- Audio Equipment (Speakers, Microphones, DJ Equipment, Receivers, Recording Devices, Headphones, etc.);
- Video Equipment (Cameras, Video Cameras, Web Cams, Recording Devices, etc.);
- Communications Equipment;
- Medical Testing Equipment;
- Laboratory Equipment;
- Circuit Boards;
- Cables, Wires, Power Cords, Power Strips;
- Most home appliances (no refrigerators);
- Rechargeable Dry Cell Batteries (Nickel Cadmium - NiCad, Nickel Metal Hydride - NiMH, Lithium Ion - Li-ion);
- Anything else with a circuit board or a cord!
“Time Warner Cable is happy to partner with Senator Gallivan to host this event in the Buffalo area which will provide a safe option for the disposal of unwanted electronics,” said Terence Rafferty, Regional VP of Operations at Time Warner Cable.
Should the weather be inclement, residents will be able to stay in their vehicles and their electronics will be unloaded for them by volunteers and Sunnking staff.
The world produces an estimated 50 million tons of e-waste annually, while Americans alone discard nearly 30 million computers each year. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 80 percent of discarded electronics are deposited in landfills or incinerated without being properly recycled.
The East Aurora Rotary has conducted electronic recycling event in the community for several years, with this being the second sponsored in conjunction with Senator Gallivan’s office. One penny for every pound of collected material will be donated to the East Aurora Rotary by Sunnking Inc. Last year’s East Aurora electronic recycling event collected over 130,000 lbs. of e-waste that was subsequently recycled or safely disposed of.