Senator DeFrancisco Highlights Key Priorities of the Senate One-House Budget Resolution on Your Voice
The State Senate has passed a budget resolution that reflects several key priorities:
- Reduces taxes on hardworking families, businesses and manufacturers;
- Keeps spending growth below two percent;
- Expands the EPIC prescription program for seniors;
- Strengthens statewide farms by lowering the Estate Tax;
- Freezes property taxes in a simplified way that’s better for school districts, local governments and taxpayers alike;
- Increases school aid and restores millions of dollars of the Gap Elimination Adjustment; and
- Makes college education more affordable for families.
On this week's program of Your Voice, State Senator John A. DeFrancisco discusses some of these important budget items, as the Legislature continues to work toward a final, on-time State Budget.