SENATOR MARTINS TO HOST FREE SEMINAR FOR PARENTS WITH SPECIAL NEEDS CHILDREN SEPTEMBER 24
Senator Martins will be hosting a free seminar on the legal and financial preparations parents of special needs children can make to safeguard their assets while securing benefits and services for their children.
The event will take place on Tuesday, September 24, 2013, from 7:00 – 9:00 p.m. at Mineola Village Hall, 155 Washington Avenue, Mineola, NY 11501.
Disabilities experts, attorney Andrew Cohen and financial advisor Mitch Weisbrot will speak on the legal and financial protections parents should have especially as their special needs children age.
Topics to be discussed include:
* Government benefits for individuals with disabilities
* How to accumulate and preserve assets without disqualifying eligibility for benefits.
* Establishing guardianship
* Estate planning and wills
* Special needs trusts – how they work and why they’re useful
* Strategies for funding trusts
To reserve seating, please fill out the form below.