Governor Andrew Cuomo has unveiled his new Executive Budget Proposal for the 2016-2017 Fiscal Year.
For the past five years, the State Senate has successfully worked in a bi-partisan way to enact final, on-time budgets that achieve our key goals of controlling taxes and spending, creating jobs, and investing in key areas like education and the environment.
This year, the Members of the State Senate are once again looking forward to negotiating a soundly balanced, on-time State Budget that helps expand opportunities, keeps our State moving forward, and reflects the priorities and aspirations of all New Yorkers.
Below, you can review a wide array of documents related to the Governor's budget proposal, including briefing books and specific budget bills.
As we now begin our open, public process of carefully reviewing the Governor's proposal, your views and input on his budget plan are critical. So whether your top priority is cutting taxes, helping small businesses, or increasing investment in key areas like education or environmental protection, your opinions are always greatly appreciated.
We encourage you to visit this section of our website on a regular basis to learn more about the Governor's new budget proposal, and to stay up-to-date on new developments as the budget review and approval process moves forward.
Final State Budget Legislation
Article 7 Legislation:
Appropriation Bills 2016-17
2016 School Aid Runs (pdf)
SFY 2017 CHIPS Runs (pdf)
- Briefing Book (pdf)
- Five-Year Financial Plan (pdf)
- Five-Year Capital Program and Financing Plan (pdf)
- Economic and Revenue Outlook (pdf)
- State Agency Presentations
- 2016-17 School Aid Runs
2016-17 Appropriations Bills
- State Operations (PDF, 1.00MB)
- Legislature and Judiciary (PDF, 101KB)
- State Debt Service (PDF, 67KB)
- Aid to Localities (PDF, 1.68MB)
- Capital Projects (PDF, 1.28MB)
2016-17 Article VII Bills
- Education, Labor and Family Assistance (ELFA) Bill (PDF, 644KB)
- Health and Mental Hygiene (HMH) Bill (PDF, 636KB)
- Public Protection and General Government (PPGG) Bill (PDF, 897KB)
- Transportation, Economic Development and Environmental Conservation (TED) Bill (PDF, 843KB)
- Revenue (REV) Bill (PDF, 6.38MB)
Freestanding Article VII Bills
2016-17 Memoranda in Support
- Education, Labor and Family Assistance (ELFA) Memo (PDF, 164KB)
- Health and Mental Hygiene (HMH) Memo (PDF, 224KB)
- Public Protection and General Government (PPGG) Memo (PDF, 336KB)
- Transportation, Economic Development and Environmental Conservation (TED) Memo (PDF, 104KB)
- Revenue (REV) Memo (PDF, 324KB)