In conjuction with Senator Persaud (D-Brooklyn) and Senator Carlucci (D-Rockland), Senator Montgomery held the second Round-table of their series intended to flush out the needs of youth across the State. On Friday, the Senators were hosted by Senator May (D- Syracuse) in her home district in Syracuse. Nearly two dozen organizations who provide support services and or work directly with youth who have mental health needs.
A recurring issue for our Central New York Youth is culturally supportive programming. Being that the counties of Onandaga and Madison are very heavily segregated by different respective racial groups, different communities need more specific and tailored approaches. Combined with a workforce shortage due to losing prosepective employees to competitive wages of minimum wage employers. An issue that not only Central New York but all organizations in New York's Human Services world is impacted by.
Here are a list of the organizations that participated in the Round Table:
- ACR Health
- Arise Child and Family Services, Inc.
- Arise Inc. Madison County
- Center for Community Alternatives
- Center for Court Innovation
- Community Action Program for Madison County
- DCJS Office of Public Safety
- Fellowship of the New School
- Hillside Childrens's Center
- Madison County Mental Health
- McMahon Ryan Child Advocacy Center
- New Justice Conflict Services Inc.
- NYS Coalition for Children's Behavioral Health
- OGs Against Violence
- Peaceful Schools Syracuse City School District
- Prevention Network
- Syracuse SNUG Program
- Syracuse Youth Substance Abuse Prevention Coalition
- Vera House, Inc.
- NASW New York