MTA’s Fast Forward: Bus Network Redesign is coming to Brooklyn and they need your help!
The MTA is redesigning bus routes in Brooklyn in an effort to improve service and to provide riders with a more pleasant riding experience. Through their Fast Forward plan, the MTA is proposing to:
- expand bus priority
- increase the frequency of high capacity buses on major roads
- improve bus stop spacing to speed up customers’ commute tim
- modify bus routes that are low-performing and circuitous
- reduce route redundancy and subway competition
- improve off-peak service frequency and coverage
As a rider, you have expert advice on how the bus routes can be improved and the MTA really wants to hear from you. To make sure that the MTA’s Fast Forward: Bus Network Redesign plan improves your bus route according to your needs, it is important that you share your ideas with the MTA. Please visit the MTA’s website and take their online service at https://new.mta.info/brooklynbusredesign.
To learn more about upcoming Brooklyn Bus Network Redesign Plan, upcoming Open Houses and Pop Events where you can provide input directly to a MTA representative, please download Senator Montgomery's Guide or call (718) 643-6140 to request a copy.