Every year, I host my Community Convention to discuss your priorities for the district and beyond. This year’s Convention will be Sunday, April 23rd from 2-5 p.m. at Stuyvesant High School, 345 Chambers St. I’ll be sending more information on the Convention shortly, but in the meantime, please RSVP here.
I also wanted to share some news on issues I’ve been working on:
- At a time when basic American values are under attack, I’m organizing with the Democratic Conference to push for New York to lead the way in ensuring voters can exercise their rights.
- I spoke on the Senate’s Holocaust Remembrance Day Resolution to ensure New York recognized the nearly 6 million Jewish lives lost in the Holocaust -- something the President, sadly, chose not to do.
- Join me in fighting against a state budget proposal that could have serious unintended consequences for senior services by signing this petition to help make sure the budget doesn't leave seniors out in the cold.
- Our city's parks are strengthened by conservancies, and the entire system is strengthened when our conservancies are an active part of the parks system. That's why I proposed the Neighborhood Parks Alliance, which is helping make real impacts in neighborhood parks.
- I'm continuing my push for construction coordination in Lower Manhattan, and won a stop to after-hours construction at the Long Island College Hospital site in Brooklyn.
- I brought my push for answers on the sale and closure of Rivington House -- a shuttered Lower East Side nursing home -- to the Senate.
- Since writing the intercity bus law, I stayed on the case to ensure it actually works -- and recently announced "fast and furious" enforcement actions against illegal operators.
NY State Senator