(Albany, NY)- State Senator John J. Bonacic (R/C/I-Mt. Hope) announced today that he has secured bullet aid for all Orange County libraries in his Senate District. The allocation for funding was approved in the 2018-2019 State Budget, and the specific amounts to each library were finalized in a resolution that was passed by the Senate yesterday.
The Orange County libraries receiving aid are:
- Middletown Thrall Library ($3,000);
- Port Jervis Free Library ($3,000);
- Goshen Public Library, ($3,000);
- Florida Public Library ($3,000);
- Albert Wisner Library in Warwick ($3,000);
- Greenwood Lake Public Library ($3,000); and
- Tuxedo Park Library ($3,000).
“Local libraries are a foundation of our communities in the 42nd Senate District, and they are so much more than a place to go check out a book,” said Senator Bonacic. “They provide individuals who may not have access to a computer the chance to surf the web. They provide space for community organizations to meet, and they offer critical education programs to our youth. I’m pleased to provide this aid because I know these libraries will use it to continue the good work that they do every day.”