Unity Hospital opened its new bistro style Café.
The new Café has doubled in size - from 4,472 square feet to over 9,000 square feet - to match the expanding size of the new Hospital that will be complete in 2014. The Café serves approximately 1,100 meals per day, servicing nearly 2,600 Unity employees on the Hospital campus.
This new bistro-style Café was created for the comfort and enjoyment of employees as visitors who need a comfortable space while waiting or in the course of visiting friends and loved ones.
. Park Place amenities include:
- An expanded healthier menu that includes a large salad bar as the central focus of the Café, as well as a pasta bar and a pizza station with whole wheat options.
- Two fireplaces.
- A screened-in seating area to bring the outdoors in.
- A warm, inviting atmosphere with low lighting.
- Plenty of seating, twice as much as the former location.
- An elegant design with tons of windows and skylights.
- Easy to read electronic menu boards.
“We really wanted Park Place to be a space where our employees and visitors can relax, enjoy a delicious meal, and talk with co-workers,” said Bob Donahue, Vice President, Corporate Services. “We’ve added special touches so everyone can be comfortable taking a break in this open, friendly environment.”
Park Place Café offers healthy food selections in an attractive and inviting way. Some improvements that have been made to the menu include offering additional healthy food choices and a larger salad bar that is the central focus of the Café. Other enhancements include offering whole wheat pasta and pizza crust choices, an expanded selection of baked snacks, and instead of frying certain foods items such as French fries or chicken wings, they will now be oven baked or grilled.
“This is another way we’re trying to improve the health and wellness of our employees and visitors. We want to make these healthy food options more available and attractive in the hopes that people will make the healthy choice,” said David Karpowich, director of Food and Nutritional Services.
The Café opening marks completion of another milestone of the Unity Hospital Modernization and Expansion Project. Earlier this year, Unity celebrated the opening of Unity Dialysis Services and Unity Endoscopy located in the Golisano Restorative Neurology & Rehabilitation Center.
By 2014, the Expansion Project will be complete and will include major renovations and updates to Unity Hospital.
The plan includes the creation of:
• A new 4th floor with more inpatient beds
• Larger, all-new private rooms
• The Golisano Restorative Neurology & Rehabilitation Center
• Added capacity for heart care and joint replacement
• A new cafeteria and lobby
• More free parking
• Larger and more elevators