The Senate Republican Conference is committed to working together to give all New Yorkers the opportunity to succeed. The 2017 Legislative Session reflects this commitment in a number of ways:
- Approving a landmark $2.5 billion investment to ensure clean, safe drinking water;
- Legalizing ridesharing services like Uber and Lyft statewide;
- Enacting major workers’ compensation reforms to help cut costs and create jobs;
- Providing unprecedented funding to combat heroin and opioid addiction;
- Delivering a record amount of aid to our schools so our children have the resources they need to succeed;
- Protecting a major tax cut of more than $4 billion to help millions of middle-class New Yorkers and thousands of small businesses;
- Saving New Yorkers $400 million by rejecting several of the Governor’s costly new tax and fee hikes;
- Providing $3.6 billion in tax relief by fully funding STAR, Enhanced STAR, and property tax relief checks;
- Expanding college affordability for hardworking, middle-class families; and
- Protecting New Yorkers from escalating taxes by holding the line on spending, keeping it within a self-imposed two-percent spending cap.
Making New York more affordable for hardworking, middle-class families and seniors. Strengthening our commitments to job training, health care, public education and programs to combat heroin addiction. That’s what the Senate Republican Conference is dedicated to doing, and that’s exactly what we accomplished during this year’s session.