Human Resources Generalist
Sysco Long Island, LLC Central Islip, NY
Provides overall HR generalist functions with an emphasis on benefits coordination. The duties include but are not limited to: Plans, administers, interprets and communicates employee benefits program to ensure legal compliance with Federal and State laws, and adherence to Company policies and guidelines. These include but are not limited to general health benefits, pension, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase and Options, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, etc. Responsible for ensuring accurate input in HR and Benefit database systems, as well as providing training and support to all management, employees, and performs payroll and employee relations duties as required.
Employee Benefits Administration Responsibilities:
- Responds to benefit questions, claims, loans, problems, open enrollment and all other facets of benefits administration by interpreting legal compliance with Federal and State laws, and adherence to Company policies, programs and guidelines.
- Compiles and maintains all benefit records for employees and their families.
- Designs and implements benefits orientation for all new employees and annual benefit/health fair, and is responsible for all written benefit communication, i.e., emails, newsletters, etc.
- Designs and conducts open enrollment training, including but not limited to healthcare, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase, life insurance, etc.
- Consults and trains management on benefit/health legal compliance with Federal and State laws, and adherence to Company policies, programs and guidelines.
- Maintains financial records for premium and claims payments including but not limited to alternative healthcare billing, monthly recap sheet, premiums report and others benefits reports as required.
- Complies with and determines appropriate COBRA and HIPPA notices and mailings.
- Determines the need for and is responsible for the coordination of FMLA paperwork and coordinates with employee regarding our paid leave programs.
- Researches and determines response to all unemployment claims and is involved in all unemployment hearings.
- Interprets policy and guidelines, as well as consults with employees and managers on employee relations issues.
- Provides informed customer service from an HR standpoint to employees and applicants concerning all HR issues.
- Responsible for accurate processing of weekly payroll information through ADP and HRizon/HRIS systems. Ensures that all regulatory and company guidelines are followed and that payroll balances properly each pay period. Transmits payroll at designated set times and ensures that any other transmission, as they relate to benefits and payroll, are completed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for accurate system updates done properly each pay period and ensures that information received is complete and accurate. This includes accurate processing of change requests, time sheets, and other pertinent changes to payroll on a timely basis.
- Responsible for tracking for employee time off and regularly updates the Leadership Folder files to ensure that all accrued and/or used vacation and APL time is accurate.
- Ensures accurate preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly reports as requested or required by SYSCO, SYSCO Corporate or other agencies, in a timely manner.
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent. An Associates or Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources or Business preferred, and/or 2-4 years of Human Resources/Benefits Experience. English-Spanish bi-lingual preferred.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to plan and organize work activities, analyze and disseminate information, and manage work time efficiently.
- Must be able to manage the pressures and stress associated with a deadline-oriented atmosphere and employee relations issues.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and have a working knowledge of programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, HRIS