Senator Montgomery received an "A" rating by the New Yorkers for Better Libraries in recognition of her support of library issues during the 2011 Legislative Session.
The legislation considered in compiling this rating included:
· Restore Library Aid Cuts in 2011-2012 State Budget
· Public Library Systems Eligible for Local Government Efficiency Grants
· BOCES-Libraries Internet Partnerships
· Library Card Info Distributed to Students
· Expand Eligibility for EPE Funding to Include Libraries
· NYS Comprehensive Information System
· State Library House of Operations
Senator Montgomery's support for the library community is announced in the attached letter from the Metropolitan New York Library Council.