Senator Andrew Gounardes, Chair of the Committee on Civil Service and Pensions, joined Senator Tim Kennedy in Buffalo last week on November 26 as part of his Statewide Civil Service Tour. The two Senators met with labor leaders across a wide variety of professions, from firefighters to social services, went to a Fire Engine 32, Ladder 5 and visited the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) Cold Spring Bus Depot. At all three stops, the Senators met with civil servants and learned from them firsthand about the opportunities and challenges they face.
“Buffalo is a vibrant city and has a huge number of devoted civil servants who help the city and the state run. From transportation workers who operate Buffalo’s bus and Metro Rail to courageous first responders, it was incredible to meet with Buffalo’s civil servants and hear from them firsthand. Thank you to Senator Tim Kennedy for welcoming me to the great city of Buffalo,” said Senator Andrew Gounardes.
“Through his Statewide Civil Service Tour, it’s clear Senator Gounardes is committed to visiting with public servants to hear about the issues they’re facing on the front lines,” said Senator Tim Kennedy. “We were pleased to welcome him to Western New York to collectively identify solutions and effectively address those concerns.”
Senator Gounardes’ Statewide Civil Service Tour kicked off on October 22 and includes the following stops past and planned:
- 10/22, 11 a.m.: Nassau County Police 3rd Precinct and Nassau County Police headquarters
- 10/28, 11 a.m.: Public Safety Answering Center II, The Bronx
- 10/30, 12 p.m.: Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn
- 10/30: 8:30 p.m.: Engine 321 in Marine Park, Brooklyn
- 10/31, 8:30 p.m.: Engine 241 in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
- 11/1, 11:00 a.m.: Suffolk County Courthouse and Suffolk County Department of Social Services
- 11/19: NYS Trooper Troop F Zone 2 Monroe station and Troop F headquarters in Middletown
- 11/25: Syracuse Latin School and Onondaga County Health Department, Syracuse
- 11/26: Fire Engine 32, Ladder 5 and Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority (NFTA) Cold Spring Bus Depot, Buffalo
- 12/3, 9:45 a.m.: Coxsackie Correctional Facility, Coxsackie
- 12/3, 11:45 a.m.: Albany County DMV and State DOT garage