Senator Perkins Winter 2017 Newsletter
To Fully Enjoy Senator Perkins Winter 2017 Newsletter,
Click On The Link Below To Download The PDF!
Below you will find the topics that are enclosed in the newsletter:
- Constituent Concerns: As a legislator, my main priority is to address the concerns of my constituents. We often hear that housing, income inequality, policing and health care are concerns in the community. I invite all of my constituents to share your top 5 concerns with me.
- Presidential Election 2016: In light of the recent presidential election results, there has been a lot of fear, anger, disappointment, and confusion circulating throughout parts of the country. I invite all of my constituents to share your thoughts and concerns regarding the recent presidential election results.
- Scaffolding: Are scaffolds taking over New York? As New Yorkers, should we embrace scaffolds as a part of New York or are they truly a nuisance? I welcome you to take a walk through our neighborhoods and reflect on the sheds and scaffolding that are taking over our community. I invite you to share your thoughts with me on whether or not we should embrace scaffolds as a part of our environment or if they are in fact hiding the true beauty of New York City.
- Policing The Police: As a policymaker and elected official, it is important for me to know your thoughts on the NYPD, including your biggest fears and stories of their successes. I invite you to share your thoughts and concerns with me regarding the NYPD in your community.
- Gentrification: Gentrification is a complex problem that, frankly, is hurting the heart and soul of our communities. I invite all of my constituents to share your feedback regarding how gentrification has impacted you and/or your family, as well as your concerns and expectations for the future of your community.
- Senator Perkins welcomes Dr. Choi and members from the Korean Language School to his District Office in Harlem
- Senator Perkins recognizes the Ryan/Frederick Douglass Community Health Center during their ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Senator Perkins Co-Sponsors and Participates in Senator Serrano’s Free Flu Shot Event
- Senator Perkins and NYC Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito at the African American Day Parade in Harlem
- Senator Perkins at the Susie’s Cause National Outreach Health Festival in Harlem
- Senator Perkins Legislative Accomplishments 2016:
- Senate Bill 2418—Keeping Our Communities Safe
- Senate Bill 2460—New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Reform
- Senate Bill 6699— New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA) Scaffolding Reform
- Senate Bill 6887—New York Road Runners (NYRR) Legislation