Senator Carl L. Marcellino
Workshop for Parents of Children with Special Needs
Join Andrew Cohen, Esq. and Mitch Weisbrot, CLU, ChSNC for an informative seminar that addresses the legal and financial preparations crucial to safeguarding assets and benefits for your child with special needs.
Andrew and Mitch are fathers of children with disabilities. Their personal experience and professional expertise enable them to help other parents navigate the confusing and emotional aspects of estate planning to best serve the interests of each child with special needs throughout his or her lifetime.
Topics of Discussion:
• Government benefits for individuals with disabilities
• How to accumulate and preserve assets without disqualifying eligibility for benefits
• Establishing guardianship
• Estate planning and wills
• Special needs trusts – how they work and why they’re useful
• Strategies for funding trusts
Visit these websites for more information about the speakers:
Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 7:00 p.m.
South Huntington Library 145 Pidgeon Hill Rd., Huntington Station