Senator Fuschillo "extends The Holidays” For Children In Winthrop Hospital
Photo caption: Administrators and staff at Winthrop-University Hospital thank Senator Fuschillo (center) for collecting hundreds of toys for children in the pediatric ward through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive.
State Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (8th Senate District) today helped bring cheer to children in Winthrop-University Hospital’s Hagedorn Pediatric Inpatient Center when he delivered hundreds of toys collected through his annual “Extend the Holidays” toy drive. Representatives from the Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association, Teamsters Local 282, and Laborers Local Number 1298, all of whom participated in the program, helped Senator Fuschillo deliver the toys to the hospital.
“Extend the Holidays” is an annual toy drive Senator Fuschillo organizes for the benefit of children in Winthrop’s Pediatric Unit. The toys collected through the program are delivered after the holiday season, so that children can experience the joys of receiving a holiday gift throughout the year.
“Every child feels good when they receive a new toy, and that feeling is especially important for children in the hospital who are going through tough times. The hundreds of toys collected through this program will put smiles on the faces of these children and their families. The schools, unions, community groups, and local residents who participated in this program once again made it a great success, and they should be very proud of the job they did,” said Senator Fuschillo.
The following labor unions, school districts, and community organizations helped Senator Fuschillo collect toys for the “Extend the Holidays” program:
- Birch Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Boy Scout Troop 577 (North Bellmore)
- Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- East Lake Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Fayette Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
- Laborers Local Number 66
- Laborers Local Number 1298
- Levy-Lakeside Elementary School (Merrick School District)
- Lockhart Elementary School (Massapequa School District)
- Martin Avenue Elementary School (North Bellmore School District)
- Nassau County Sheriff Officer’s Association
- Old Mill Road Elementary School (North Merrick School District)
- St. Rose of Lima School (Massapequa)
- Teamsters Local Number 282
"Each year, Senator Fuschillo’s ‘Extend the Holidays’ program brings hundreds of toys to Winthrop, which puts million dollar smiles on the faces of the children and their families. The outpouring of support from the community is amazing, and on behalf of the hospital administration and staff, as well as the parents of our young patients, we thank Senator Fuschillo for continuing this wonderful tradition," said John Broder, Vice-President for External Affairs and Development at Winthrop-University Hospital.
TO SEND AN EMAIL TO SENATOR FUSCHILLO, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO RECEIVE REGULAR UPDATES FROM SENATOR FUSCHILLO, PLEASE CLICK HERE.