Weekend Train Service Disrupted August 25 -27
Affected riders will be re-directed to bus transport for at least part of their trip.
· After 7AM, customers traveling to Hicksville, Farmingdale and east to Ronkonkoma will board dual mode bi-level trains at Penn Station operating via the Montauk Branch and Central Branch to Ronkonkoma.
· Greenport customers will transfer to buses at Ronkonkoma for the remainder of their trip.
· Between 12 AM and 7 AM, customers traveling from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will transfer to buses at Hicksville then transfer to trains at Mineola to complete their trips.
· Bethpage customers will board buses at Bethpage then transfer to trains at Mineola to complete their trips.
Port Jefferson Branch
· There will be added New Hyde Park stops on all Huntington/Port Jefferson trains.
· New Hyde Park, Merillon Avenue and Mineola customers traveling to Carle Place, Westbury, Hicksville, Bethpage or Farmingdale will transfer to buses at Mineola to complete their trips. These customers can also transfer at Bethpage or Farmingdale to trains traveling east on the Ronkonkoma Branch.
· There will be two-hour service from Port Jefferson stations east of Huntington.
· Customers will board trains at their stations and transfer to buses at Hicksville, then transfer to trains at Mineola to complete their trips.
· Carle Place and Westbury customers will board buses at their stations and transfer to trains at Mineola to complete their trips.
· Farmingdale, Bethpage, Hicksville, Westbury and Carle Place customers traveling between these stations will board local buses.
Both eastbound and westbound Far Rockaway, Oyster Bay and West Hempstead branch trains will have revised connections at Jamaica due to schedule changes in their Ronkonkoma and Huntington/Port Jefferson Branch connecting trains. Details are included in the special August 25-26 Track Work Timetables for each of these branches.
Customers should pick up a copy of the special timetables for the weekend of August 25-26 at their stations or at all LIRR terminals. The LIRR Travel Information Center is also available 24-hours a day in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR, in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR or in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center’s TDD telephone number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022.
Craig. M. Johnson