Brooklyn- State Senator Marty Golden was recently visited in Albany by Marine Park resident Frank Perfetto, Golden’s 2005 appointee to the State University of New York at Maritime. Frank Perfetto is the grandson of Bay Ridge resident and activist Ralph Perfetto.
Senator Golden stated, "Frank Perfetto is an example of the future of our community, a young man who has chartered a course which will lead him to success in life. It was a real pleasure to see him in Albany and I appreciate the visit. I am very proud of him and look forward to nominating more students from our neighborhood to the S.U.N.Y. Maritime Academy this year."
Golden is encouraging students to apply to SUNY Maritime through his office for the academic year beginning in the Fall, 2006.
To qualify for the Cadet Appointment Program scholarship, applicants must:
1) Be a citizen of the United States and have New York State residency for at least 1 year prior to the student’s enrollment to SUNY Maritime College;
2) Be a high school graduate or within one year of graduation at the time the application is filed;
3) Must be at the time of admission; a first-time, first-year college student;
4) Demonstrate academic excellence which includes a Grade Point Average of 90% (3.5) and a combined SAT score at or above 1200;
5) Demonstrate evidence of leadership skills throughout extracurricular activities and school/community involvement;
6) Meet the College’s general admissions requirements and participate in the Regiments of Cadets and license program.