The New York State Department of Taxation and Finance no longer automatically mails paper tax form packets directly to individuals. The Tax Department estimates that 93% of taxpayers file their return electronically and that state taxpayers will save about $1 million in mailing, printing and processing costs.
“Due to the financial crisis gripping our nation, New York State’s finances have been dramatically compromised”, said Senator Saland. “A savings of $1 million per year in mailing costs is significant, especially since the vast majority of New Yorkers do not use paper forms to file. I would encourage anyone who is unable to print forms from their computer or who does not file their state tax returns online to stop by my office at 3 Neptune Road, A19B in Poughkeepsie, Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM to pick up any of the forms listed below.
• IT 272 - college tuition credit, etc.
• IT 201 - Resident Income Tax Return
• IT 201-ATT -- Other tax credits and taxes
• IT 2 -- Summary of W2 statement
• IT 214 - Property Tax credit w/instruction booklet
• IT 213 - Claim for Empire State Child Credit w/instructions
• IT 215 - Claim for Earned Income Credit w/instructions
• IT 1099-R -- Summary of federal form
• IT 150 - Resident Income Tax Return
• Combined Instructions for Forms IT 150 and IT 201
For questions about tax forms, call toll free 1-800-462-8100 or 518 457-5431. To print tax forms and instructions, just go to the home page by clicking on the Homelink at the top right, under Senator Saland's photo. Then click on New York State Tax Forms in the Senate Update section of the home page.