Last week, Senator Velmanette Montgomery welcomed Chancellor Richard Carranza back to Bedford Stuyvesant to meet with the principals of Boys and Girls High School Campus and members of the Boys and Girls High Advisory Board to discuss the needs of the students and their schools.
The meeting was a follow-up from the summer when Senator Montgomery invited the Chancellor to visit Boys & Girls High to hear directly from student representatives at each school. The students were bright, eloquent and very clear in communicating their priorities. These included:
- Access to advanced placement (AP) classes
- Assessment and repair of the Welding Unit
- Upgrade Electrical Units in the Engineering Suite
- Lighting, Electrical and Technology upgrade for auditorium
- Plumbing and Electrical upgrade for Washer and Dryer
- Resources for the Research and Service Pantry
- Bleachers and stadium lighting for Nelson Mandela field
To read the full story, visit https://www.ourtimepress.com/chancellor-carranza-commits-to-bedford-stuy...