Brooklyn, NY -- Senator Andrew Gounardes, Chair of the Committee of Civil Service and Pensions, today kicked off his Statewide Civil Service Tour that will take place from now through December. His office announced stops and dates for the tour, which will include visits to first responders and public servants across the state, including southern Brooklyn, Long Island, Syracuse, Buffalo, the Hudson Valley and Albany.
“As Chair of the Committee of Civil Service and Pensions, I have a deep respect for all who choose to become public servants. These are the individuals who save our lives, teach our children and keep our public transportation going. To effectively legislate, I need to meet with public servants in person to hear about the issues they’re facing on the ground. I am excited to kick off this tour and visit public servants all across our great state,” said State Senator Andrew Gounardes.
The planned stops and dates are as follows:
- 10/22, 11 a.m.: Nassau County Police 3rd Precinct (other Precincts TBD)
- 10/28, 11 a.m.: Public Safety Answering Center II, The Bronx
- 10/30, 12 p.m.: Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn
- 10/30: 8:30 p.m.: Engine 321 in Marine Park, Brooklyn
- 10/31, 8:30 p.m.: Engine 241 in Bay Ridge, Brooklyn
- 11/1, 11:00 a.m.: Suffolk County Courts (TBD)
- 11/19: NYS Trooper stations, Hudson Valley (TBD)
- 11/25: Onondaga County Health Department, Syracuse
- 11/26: Buffalo Tour with Senator Tim Kennedy: City Hall, Erie County Building, NFTA bus garage
- 12/3, 9:00 a.m.: Coxsackie Correctional Facility, Coxsackie
- 12/3, 11:45 a.m.: Albany County DMV
Additional stops and locations may be added, as will additional details for existing stops and special guests.