Basic Mediation Training Course offered by NYCID this June - TWO free spots in the training will be awarded to SI residents
New York Center for Interpersonal Development (NYCID) is offering a basic 30-hour mediation training course from June 13th though June 16th in New York City. The course is being facilitated by Sequoia Stalder, Esq., Director of Conflict Resolution Services for NYCID.
NYCID is offering 2 FREE spots in the training and is accepting applications from interested Staten Island residents only who will commit to volunteering their time if they are accepted into the training which would include not only the training but an apprenticeship as well (Total value $1700). Interested parties will need to complete an application (available by sending a request to email@example.com) and be interviewed. Final acceptance into the program is at NYCID’s discretion.
The following is some background on the course:
· The course is designed to cover basic and advanced theory and skills of mediation.
· After completing the training, individuals may be eligible to participate in a mediation apprenticeship and serve as a volunteer mediator with NYCID. Final acceptance to an apprenticeship or volunteer panel is a NYCID’s discretion.
· Upon completion, participants will be eligible to participate in NYCID’s advance mediation trainings and continuing education programs.
· This training will address the role of law and lawyers in mediation and will prepare participants to mediate in both court-referred and community contexts.
· NYCID teaches and practices in the Understanding-Based approach to mediation as developed by The Center for Mediation in Law, and is the only community mediation center to offer trainings and practice opportunities in this model.
· This training meets the Basic Mediation training requirements of the New York Association of Collaborative Professionals and the New Jersey Collaborative Law Groups.
The full cost of this 4 day Basic Mediation training is $850 and an additional $750 for the apprenticeship.
The training will be held at Las Americas Conference Center, Hispanic Federation, 55 Exchange Place, 5th Floor, NY, NY.
Attorneys who take this course will receive 32 CLE (continuing legal education) hours both for NY and NJ. In addition to CLE, this course is pending approval under Part 146 by the New York State Unified Court System’s Office of ADR Programs.
For more information or to get an application, please contact Liz Bonici at (718) 947-4036 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
# # #