State Legislature has pushed middle class Staten Island residents to the breaking point
In just 6 short months, the State Legislature in Albany has pushed middle class Staten Island residents to the breaking point.
In six months they:
· Imposed almost $4,000 in new taxes on middle class families
· Taxed your utility bill
· Approved higher income taxes
· Increased spending by $12 billion
· Failed to pass the effective School Governance/Mayoral control bill
· Passed a disastrous MTA plan that hikes fares and taxes jobs throughout New York City
· Eliminated nearly $200 million in property tax savings for New York City residents
· Passed criminal-friendly laws, including one that prevents day care centers and schools from reviewing the criminal backgrounds of convicted felons who apply for jobs
I voted against every one of these proposals.
It’s time for Staten Island families to say “Enough is Enough!” We need true bi-partisan leadership in Albany to stand up and protect hardworking families from an out-of-control State government.
I recently helped to enact historic new reforms that will provide New York residents with a more open, transparent State government that is more accountable to hardworking taxpayers like you. Moving forward, I will continue fighting to reverse the tremendous damage of the past six months.
I will also continue leading the fight for Staten Island, and will work tirelessly to reduce taxes, cut unnecessary spending, continue to improve education and create quality jobs.