Senator Charles J. Fuschillo, Jr. (R-Merrick) today thanked residents for donating over 2,300 pounds of food and supplies as part of the food and supply drive he sponsored with Long Island Cares to help families in need, including those who are recovering from Superstorm Sandy.
“Through the enormous generosity of local residents, we were able to collect more than one ton of food and supplies to help our neighbors in need. Everything collected through this program will go a long way in assisting families who are going through tough times. I thank everyone who participated in this drive for lending a helping hand to those in need,” said Senator Fuschillo.
Senator Fuschillo also thanked the following schools and libraries for participating in the program:
· Chatterton Elementary School (Merrick School District)
· Copiague Memorial Library
· Freeport Memorial Library
· Forest Lake Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
· John G. Dinkelmeyer Elementary School (North Bellmore School District)
· Mandalay Elementary School (Wantagh School District)
· Massapequa Public Library
· Merrick Avenue Middle School (Bellmore-Merrick Central High School District)
All items collected through the program will be used by Long Island Cares to help families in need in Nassau and Suffolk Counties.